The Film and Publication Board (FPB) is a statutory body, with its main task being the classification of films, videos, DVDs, computer games and certain publications for their suitable age viewership. Our mission is to be a “credible and visible content classification authority” and we require the following individuals to carry this forward at our head office in Centurion, Pretoria:
3 x Quality Assurers – (Independent Consultancy Contract)
The Quality Assurer will be responsible to check classification of film, media and content in terms of compliance with the requirements as stipulated in the Film and Publications Act and the Promotion of Administrative Justice Act, to ensure that the objectives of the Film and Publication Board are achieved and aligned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification (NQF Level 6) and/or work experience in relevant fields, including:
- Arts and culture;
- Social, legal, psychological or educational services;
- NGO experience with children, women, men and people with disabilities; and
- Advocacy and community services;
- Media or political studies
- Chief classifier experience or experience as a Quality Assurer
- Good knowledge of the Films and Publications Act
- Good knowledge of PAJA
- Good knowledge and interpretation of the FPB Classification Guidelines
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and work ethics
- A working knowledge of classification process on all formats, Cinema, DVD, Games and online media platforms
- Good knowledge on Child Protection Legislation
- Good knowledge on the Film and Publication Board legal and regulatory prescripts
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Excellent Analytical and Comparative Analysis Skills
- Good Training and mentoring skills
- Computer Literate
- Willing to travel
Please note that successful candidates for these positions will need to be in the urban area of the FPB Head Office to which they are appointed.
Further details for these posts can be obtained from the FPB website at www.fpb.org.za
Persons interested in applying for the above positions are requested to download the Application Form from the FPB website www.fpb.org.za and submit a completed Application Form, comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications and ID to Jacqueline Steyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter the position applied for in the email subject line.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 09 December 2017
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The Film and Publication Board reserves the right not to make an appointment. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.